BAC Cataloguing Grant for Business Archives
BAC is excited to announce that this year’s cataloguing grant for business archives is a one-off bumper grant! This year a single award of £7,000 is available. Funding has been provided by BAC and the former Archives and Artefacts Studies Network (A2SN).
As before, the aims of the grant in funding the cataloguing of a business collection in either the private or public sector, are to:
- Provide financial support for institutions/ businesses that manage business archives
- Reach collections that have not yet been prioritised but have potential academic or socio-historical value
- Create opportunities for archivists or para-professionals/volunteers to gain experience in listing business collections
- Increase accessibility to business archives.
For this year only BAC requires the applicant to use the grant as near as possible to the following breakdown and applicants are advised to read the guidance notes for further information:
- £5,000 - to cover project individuals’ time only, to undertake cataloguing.
- £2,000 - to cover project individuals’ time to deliver an exciting educational outreach programme relating to the collection(s) which are in scope to be catalogued.
BAC previously ran successful cataloguing grants specifically for business archives related both the arts and sports sectors in an effort to support under-represented areas of business archives. Applications this year are welcome from all types of organisation, whether private or public sector, that hold business archives. These organisations could be a business, local record office, university, museum, charity, specialised repository, or a community collection.
BAC is delighted to have the support this year of the Community Archives and Heritage Group. The decision on the award of the grant will be made by a Cataloguing Grant Panel established by BAC which consists of two executive committee members, one non-executive member and a member of the Community Archives and Heritage Group. Panel members will not judge applications where they have a research or employment affiliation.
The Cataloguing Grant for Business Archives (2021) launches on 12 April 2021. The deadline for applications is 25 June 2021.
Any questions about The Cataloguing Grant for Business Archives should be addressed to Natalie Attwood, Administrator, BAC Cataloguing Grant. Email: email@example.com
Previous winners of the grant
2020 - West Sussex Records Office
2019 - Northern Ballet
2018 - Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust
2016 - Lancashire Archives
2014 - Gloucestershire Archives
2013 - West Sussex Record Office
2012 - Durham County Record Office
2011 - Norfolk Record Office